96% of Europeans shopped online in Q1

96% of Europeans shopped online in Q1

At least 95.8 percent of European consumers shopped online in the first quarter of this year. In the United Kingdom, that percentage was 93 percent. And in the Netherlanders, 96 percent of consumers shopped online.

These data come from the recently published Consumer Insight Report from AliExpress. The online marketplace surveyed over 8,500 consumers from France, Germany, Spain, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. Consumers were surveyed about their online shopping habits in the first quarter of this year.

63% UK consumers spent €100-€500

According to the report, 63 percent of consumers in the United Kingdom spent an average of between 100 and 500 euros online during the first quarter. The remaining 37 percent spent less than 100 euros during that period. When looking at consumers in the Netherlands, 75 percent spent over 100 euros.

‘In the United Kingdom, millennials and Gen Z consumers spent the most on fashion online.’

Fashion was the most popular online shopping category. In the United Kingdom, Gen Z and millennials spent the most in this category. This insight shows that British consumers like to follow the latest fashion trends.

35% spent over 5 hours a week shopping online

In terms of time spent searching for products online, 35 percent of European consumers spent more than five hours a week. And 50 percent of consumers spent between one to four hours a week on this.

Share
Pleuni

Pleuni

Pleuni writes all types of news and background articles for Ecommerce News, where she has been working since 2019.

View all posts by Pleuni

Related posts